New Scout Information
Basic Costs and Personal EquipmentNew scouts should always have their 10 Essentials on every trip.
- Sleeping Bag
- Closed Cell Ground Pad
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Insect Repellant
- Mess Kit with Cup
- Water Bottle
- Complete list (around page 224) in the BSA Scout Book
- A backpack is recommended but not required.
The Crew provides all tents, pots, pans and stoves for cooking.
- The Crew travels in class A shirts
- A trip form is provided for each trip detailing departure time, return time, items needed for trip, and parent permission slip.
- Crew meets 2nd & 4th Sunday from 3:30pm to 5:00pm. Class A shirts required.
Dues and $$
- Annual dues are $75.00
- Cost of each event will be determined each month.
- Special events (skiing, theme parks, etc.) are additional costs per scout and guest
- We are an outdoor adventure crew (camping, canoeing, guns, and other activities we agree upon).
- We will have at least one activity a month.
- Our meetings are the 2nd & 4th Sunday at 3:30 pm to 5 pm.
- We will have a High Adventure trip at least every other year if not yearly.
- We will were appropriate clothing and shoes for the activity (no flip flops).
- The yearly dues are $75.
- No PDA (Public Display of Affections) permitted at any crew event. This includes kissing, hugging, and any touching.
- All parents are encouraged to attend even if they do not hold a leadership position